Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Martini Night!

Michael left on Monday (3/27) for golf at Fort Mill, while I sewed for just a bit in the morning before leaving for a meeting.  I have agreed to be on an interim committee for our community to figure out whether or not we need a year round committee to talk about our lifestyle (and what that word means to people) here in SCCL.  The meeting took 1-1/2 hours, after which I headed off to the chiro.  I have been battling plantar fasciitis for about 12 years now…..sometimes it’s better and sometimes it gets worse.  This is one of those worse times.  It is mostly concentrated in one spot on my left heel and whenever I walk or stand it feels like someone is jabbing me with a sharp fork in that one spot.  I have had 3 cortisone shots (at separate times) in the past, and have been reluctant to get another.  For one thing, they don’t always work (one of mine didn’t).  For another, I don’t know what those shots will do to the surrounding tissue over time.  I have been making an anti-inflammatory drink and trying to drink some every day.  I’ve also been eliminating some anti-inflammatory foods from my diet.  This has definitely had a positive effect on the rest of my body, plus it brought the pain in my foot down from a 10 out of 10 to about a 4 or 5….but now my healing seems to have stalled.  The chiropractor said he could work on it…so off I went.  When I came out of his office, Jan was there….so after her treatment we headed off for a quick trip to WALMART and then both headed home.  I was home around 2 and after unpacking the groceries, I headed back to my 8 new blocks.  By dinnertime I was where I thought I was on Sunday….I have ONE HUNDRED completed blocks….YAY!  I just had 1/2 an hour to get cleaned up and head out to martini club (lucky I decided to take my shower in the morning because I certainly didn't have time to do it after sewing :~).  What a fun time we had, with lots of good food (and martini's) 

waiting to be filled

apple/whisky martini's

Patti, Joyce (in back), Alice, Kathi, Jane






and a hysterical game called “25 words or less”.  Actually I was pleased and flattered when they said they had the best time playing “salad bowl” at my house  :~).  I got home after 10:30 and my honey was already in bed, so I joined him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.