Wednesday, March 29, 2017

quilt, cleaning

Michael was up super early on Tuesday (3/28) to make his early morning appointment at the eye doctor’s, while I reveled in the fact that I didn’t have to leave the house ALL DAY…WHOO HOO!!!  First up?  Cleaning all of the bits and pieces from our bed quilt off of my cutting tables, so that I could finally trim the Diamond Dash quilt:  


Here’s the down side of doing your own quilt versus someone else’s….when it’s someone else’s, you don’t have to bind it or label it.  Plus, trimming a quilt generates a bunch of “leftover” fabric (from the backing sides and top and bottom) 



that you have to re-claim (rip out stitches to separate the batting from the backing) and figure out how you’re going to cut it all up for future projects.  That’s another nice thing about doing quilts for other people….THEY have to figure out what to do with that fabric…not you!  And there’s also other good news bad news on this quilt….the bad news is: 


it now starts the dreaded pile of “quilts that need to be bound”, the good news?  I walked over to my closet door…and binding has already been made….YAY!  Next up was several hours of cleaning.  I have beautiful storage shelves in my sewing closet that I don’t use because they are filled with CA_RAP!   


I don’t even know what the CA_RAP is…..so I tackled 2 of the shelves…and voila:  


A lot of projects that have been cluttering up my studio are now neatly arranged in the closet.  The bad news?  This clean up generated a pile of leftover fleece:  


that I need to turn into dog/cat beds for the shelter.  I sewed on our bed quilt for a bit after that, starting to sew the blocks into rows, and after dinner (a PAPA MURPHY’s pizza….oh yum!) Michael picked up Larry and headed off to see LIFE at the movies, and I got the backing pinned and a quilt laid out on Miss Scarlett (this is the quilt I finished this year in Connecticut):






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.