Thursday, March 2, 2017

new quilt top for Deb, more patriotic blocks, new quilt top for BG, tumbling blocks

We were up early on Wednesday (3/1) and after one long seam to put the top and bottom pieces together....voila:   



I absolutely LOVE it  :~).  After that I started to sew together 6 more patriotic blocks from our January block-of-the-month.  By lunchtime, I had the snowball centers done, and a growing pile of leftover 1/2 square triangles:  


By dinnertime I had the flying geese sides done...with additional 1/2 squares triangles from sewing those:  



And by bedtime the blocks were done:  



BG worked all day on her hidden wells and by bedtime all of the rows were together and she had both borders on as well:  


Isn't it just gorgeous????  Big enough for a generous queen sized bed.  I have to post one more picture.  Remember several years ago when BG, Loree and I all made the same tumbling blocks pattern?  Well, from where I sit in BG's dining room, I have a direct view of her wall hanging....and it is stunning:  


I really have to have a frame made and get mine mounted when I get home!

1 comment:

  1. HECK -- even I remember that quilt!!!

    Miss U!!!

    Me

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.