Thursday, March 16, 2017

bread class!!

When I got up Wednesday morning (3/15) I headed to my studio immediately.  We are having a charity day at quilting on Thursday, and I needed to get all of my fabric cut, since I knew the rest of the day would be full!!  I got it all done, and got all of my ingredients set out for the new bread class, Oatmeal/Honey Bread:  
















I didn't weigh out each item this time as people were more experienced with their scales and I thought they could use the practice.  My students arrived and got going very quickly since they were all repeat students.  

Judith, Ellie, Barb

They mixed up their bread, left for an hour while it was rising, then came back for shaping.  


We all sat around the table afterwards talking about cooking, baking and cookbooks!  And they gave me really good suggestions for some future classes...I had a really fun time.  (Speaking of cookbooks, BG sent me a picture of her newest bread from THE BREAD BIBLE....a cookbook she sucked me into buying when I was in CT :~)


I had put together roll dough right before my students arrived, so after they left I cleaned up the kitchen and formed all of my rolls (the plan was also to take a picture of them after they had risen so that you could see the difference AND after they had baked...but oh well):

  

After that I headed downstairs and sent out invitations to 2 more bread classes, then headed back to my cutting/sewing table.  I got everything done for charity day that I wanted, 


and by then it was time to grab the rolls and Jan and head to the church.  It was Family Night at Osceola Methodist and the quilters were in charge of the program.  I took my camera, but of course forgot to take any pictures  :~(.  But it didn’t matter…what a great time we had.  The food was fabulous (every one of my rolls was gone!) and Loree’s devotional was wonderful.  After that we played Quilter’s Bingo….we heard many, many comments from people on how much fun the entire evening was…that was music to our ears.  When I got home, I had a picture of Judith's Oatmeal/Honey bread....she said it was great!


We watched just a bit of TV when we got home then collapsed into bed.

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.