Thursday, March 9, 2017

last roll class, Star bread again, BG's project

I was up before 7 AM on Wednesday (3/8) with lots to do and all of the people who commented after yesterday’s blog put a BIG SMILE on my face….THANKS to all of you….hope it continues.  

I finished off the last little bit of binding on the first side of my butterfly/tulip quilt before SKYPING with Janice at 9 AM.  GRRR_R_R_R…SKYPE was like a really fast elevator….up, then down then up then down then up then…you get the picture!  Totally annoying, so we finally just talked on the phone.  After that I had time to get the kitchen set up for my last bread class on rolls, and my students arrived:  

Linda & Sharon

Janet




























Actually, just before they arrived I threw together dough for another Cinnamon Star Bread (Michael was dying to have some).  It sat patiently waiting in a bowl on the cutting board until my class was finished….see…I told you…bread can fit into YOUR schedule and move in YOUR timeframe….trust me :~).  Anyway, we had a great class…they asked lots of questions (which I really like as I think it shows the students are thinking about things and really interested) and when they left: 

Linda/Sharon/Janet - nice buns ladies!!!

I collapsed for just a bit, then put together the cinnamon bread…..



let it rise…..



baked it…
















and put a Confectioner’s Sugar glaze on it…..


OMword……
















SO VERY GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We each had a small piece, and Michael said it is better than the cinnamon bread he used to get back in Connecticut!!!!!  



He even said it was better than the “drake’s coffee cake on steroids” that I make him….and he LOVES that!!!  I am really excited….I will have to put this in my regular repertoire!  We gave a couple of pieces to friends/neighbors before he ran out to get a pizza for dinner.  We headed downstairs after dinner and I got a start on putting my binding on the second side of my quilt while he worked on his computer.  After that we headed back upstairs and I knit while we watched TV.

I have to include another show and tell today.  BG sent me a picture of the quilt she started on our Saturday sew-in in Connecticut....I LOVE it and am sure it will make some child very happy:


Isn't it great?

2 comments:

  1. That cinnamon Star just looks incredible and I'm so glad to hear it tastes just as good as it looks! BG's kid quilt just makes me smile! And I love fabric with wording which really does accent those fun kitties on the focus fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes ! Love BG's quilt - it's so colorful !

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.