Tuesday, March 21, 2017

lots of pics from Fri-Sat-Sun-Mon

And.......I'm back!!!!  It's Monday afternoon....Matt (computer guy) just left and I am up and running again....HOORAY!!!!!!!!  So, I'm starting back where I left off with last Friday.

I woke up at 4 AM on Friday (3/17) and could not get back to sleep, so I finally got up at 5 AM.  I thought I’d get a lot done on my computer, but it crashed :~(, and so I ended up finally getting Joan’s quilt totally loaded and basted:  


By then Michael was up and I headed upstairs to get started making mint brownies for dessert for tonight...I wanted to make the brownies BG and I made last year, but I didn't have unsweetened blocks of chocolate, so I dropped back to the tried and true King Arthur Flour recipe and they were OUTSTANDING!!!:  


Michael spent a good bit of time trying to get my computer to work…and finally left a message for our computer repair guy before leaving to get the car serviced and have breakfast with Phil.  I finished up the brownies and headed back downstairs to SKYPE with Janice.  YAY – it worked the entire time…that was great!  By the time we finished it was after 11 AM and I tried my computer again.  Matt (computer guy) had called back to say that several of his clients had the same thing happen and it might not be that my computer itself was going bad, but that some of the components connected to it were going bad.  So, I unplugged everything and turned it off then turned it back on.  That seemed to work (although I lost some unsaved documents), but I still couldn’t connect to the internet.  I re-booted without internet connection, but that still didn’t accomplish anything :~(.  I decided to let it be and to get back to my quilting  :~).  I got 1/2 way through quilting before it was time to head upstairs and low and behold….back to snuggling:  















I was glad because I have really missed it!!!  Then it was into the kitchen to get the rest of dinner ready.  I made 2 ruebenwiches:  

spread out dough on greased cookie sheet, add mustard down middle

layer on the corned beef

add WELL drained sauerkraut

cover with Russian/Thousand Island dressing

add the swiss cheese

cut the sides, braid over top, add caraway seeds

cover until ready for baking
and got the brownies cut:


I had time after that to sit down and read for a bit, and of course I became the softest spot around:    


Pat & George and Marsha & Bob arrived at 6 PM 

Pat and Marsha

Bob

George

and I put out a few tidbits with our drinks:

cheese its, gherkins, cashews

before we settled in for ruebenwiches, 


cole slaw (from Pat) and eventually mint brownies & cherry pie.  After dinner we played TRIPOLI and I haven't laughed that much in FOREVER!!!  Everyone really got into it and it so reminded of playing with my family....lots of groans when you had a "pay card" you didn't get to play....lots of cheers when you won...it really was a fun evening.  Everyone left around 9:30 and Michael and I just read for a bit before bed.

Saturday morning (3/18) there was more snuggling going on while Michael ate his breakfast (although Cookie did not look happy about it):  















Michael left at 9 AM for golf and I headed to the studio.  I continued to quilt on Joan's quilt, and by 1 PM it was totally finished.  I also continued to sew on our bed quilt...and I now have 5 strips on all 100 blocks!!!  



Mary Jo asked how many strips total the blocks would take, and I think it's going to be around 10 or 11, but at least I'm making progress.  I wove in all of the ends and got Joan's quilt trimmed: 


then started to put on the sixth strips in the afternoon.  Michael and I had leftover lasagna for dinner, then headed into Charlotte for the symphony.  They had a BEATLES Tribute band called Classical Mystery Tour and they were GREAT!  We loved all of the music, and listened to Beatles stuff all the way home as well.  We were both still pretty wired when we got home, so we read until 12:30 AM before finally collapsing.

Michael was up early on Sunday morning (3/19) to cook a pound of bacon for my Cheesy Bacon Puffs (my contribution to Sweet & Savory on Monday).  While he was cooking....snuggling AGAIN!!!  



I just love that little paw!
I sewed for a bit in the morning, then headed over to Pat's around 10:30.  We went over some sewing things, and when I got back home, I started to make 4 runs of the puffs.  




89 in all!

























I got those all done just in time for a HUGE event....we got to SKYPE with Marc & Kate & Audrey June!!!!!   Oh my, she is just the most precious thing....so sweet...she had just been fed and was on her best behavior!  That was certainly the highlight of our day!  After that Michael continued to work on his secret project for the baby, while I got a bit more sewing done, and finally settled down with knitting in the evening.

Monday morning (3/20) was Sweet & Savory in the morning, and Machine Embroidery Club in the afternoon....I took lots of pictures of Cathy W's show and tell for embroidery club:























She always does the most beautiful things.  I got home around 3 PM and Matt swung by and fixed my computer.....YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!  I sewed until 8 PM, then headed upstairs to snuggle and watch YOU'VE GOT MAIL!

3 comments:

  1. Amazing embroideries -- how much thread goes into them and how LONG does ti take for ONE to be done?

    Love ME

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's back! I'd look at my email every day and go 'where's my floozie?" I really need to make one of the Ruebenwich sandwiches (or maybe roast beast would be good too). And I must say, totally in love with the last picture of your friend's embroidery show & tell. Watermelon & crows...two of my favorite things! Glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that picture of your two little buddies on your lap,while you are trying to read! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.