Friday, March 10, 2017

quilting set-up, show & tell, butterly/tulip quilt totally finished!

Michael was up at 6:30 on Thursday (3/9) as he had a very early tee time here at SCCL.  I figured I might as well get up too as I had a lot to get done before leaving for quilting.  I got some bills paid and some laundry done, as well as straightening up the house before I left.  Quilting was GREAT!  We had a new layout for the tables 
















(which of course I didn’t like when I walked in because basically I hate ANY kind of change!!!   But, when I sat down, and realized that I could see the faces of everyone around the outsides of the tables….I totally changed my mind and loved it!) and lots of good show and tell.  We also picked up a new member last week, a new member this week and will probably get a new member next week…WHOO HOO!!  We had fabulous Show & Tell: 

Linda with a bed-sized quilt for Sterling School

isn't this just incredible!?!??!  I think it was Mary Ann's

June's quilt is so pretty & bright

my butterfly/tulip quilt

Jerri's king-sized carpenter's wheel

and a good time talking over lunch.  I left a bit early to head to the dentist….where I had my temporary crown re-glued back in, and then after a quick stop at WALMART, I was home by 3 PM.  My honey was home, happy with his score of 85, and after I changed my clothes, my intention was to head back downstairs to continue quilting on the Diamond Dash quilt….BUT I picked up a new book at quilting, and so got totally sucked into it for 1-1/2 hours!!!  Michael and I had leftovers for dinner and I finally made it downstairs afterwards.  I got 2 more rows of quilting done on the DD quilt, and also finished stitching around my butterfly/tulip quilt.  When this picture was taken at quilting…
















I still had 1/2 of the binding and the label to stitch down….but by bedtime it was done!!  We watched a bit of TV and I knit before bed.

1 comment:

  1. Such beautiful, beautiful quilts. I think I would feel a bit intimidated by some of the works, I am still at the stage of looking for fast and simple. But certainly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.