Saturday, March 11, 2017

Charlotte quilt show

I was up early Friday (3/10) to get some things done before Pat picked me up at 8:45.  She already had Diane and Dolly in the car and we all headed off to the Charlotte Quilt Show.  It was a really nice show….we got to see lots of friends, and some beautiful quilts 








(and of course wonderful things at all of the vendors) and I was especially excited to see Diane – the woman I met several years ago because she also bought a JUKI long arm.  You can believe it or not, but she had even more problems with hers than I did in the beginning (hers were more mechanical problems while mine were more related to the software), and the dealer was not inclined to fix these problems, so Diane returned her machine.  The most exciting thing is that after looking for over a year, she finally bought an INNOVA, which was delivered a day or 2 before the show.  It is a BEAUTIFUL machine (I told Diane if I won the Publisher’s Clearing House drawing I would sell mine and buy one the same as hers!!) and I can’t wait to go to her house for a play date  :~).  I have to tell you one funny story from the quilt show.  I was standing staring at a quilt, and I noticed the actual quilting pattern.  

I thought to myself “hey, I have that pattern also!  I really enjoy looking at the quilting patterns...and wishing that I owned some of them!  Anyway, I moved closer to make sure it was the one I had, then I looked at the tag on the quilt….yep….so can you see who quilted it? 


That's still a big thrill for me!!!!  We picked up June at the quilt show and all went to lunch at O’Charley’s before heading home.  It was a beautiful day and my honey and I sat out on the deck for quilt awhile before I headed downstairs.  I had a long talk with Jan, did a little bit of sewing on a bed quilt for us, 



and finally we had a quick dinner and headed off to Fort Mill theatre at 5:30.  It was our turn to clean and stock the theatre, then we sold concessions and raffle tickets before enjoying the show.  The show was REALLY good and when we got home after 10, we just read for a bit before bed.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your quilting for Sandy's quilt. I know you enjoyed the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Deb! It was great seeing you at the quilt show! So glad you were able to make it! I saw your name on that quilt too and got such a kick out of seeing your name 😊! Love the butterfly quilt that you just posted - beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.