Wednesday, March 22, 2017

blocks, scallions re-growing

Paula picked me up at 8:45 AM on Tuesday (3/21) and we headed out to get our mammograms.  We hit a place for breakfast afterwards, and made a quick stop at FOOD LION before getting home just after 11:30.  My honey and I talked for a bit, then I headed downstairs to sew more strips:

getting really close to being finished on some blocks!!

while he headed out to the grocery store.  When he came home…he was totally excited and I had no idea what was going on.  Seems that on his way home he ran into a neighbor who INVITED HIM TO THE FIRST DAY OF THE MASTERS!!!!!  He is SO EXCITED!!!!  He has never gone and can’t believe he’s finally getting to go….too cool.  I’m sure to compare it to my life, this is like when Mary Jo arranged for us to go to Paducah for the big quilt show!!!!!  Speaking of which, Pat and I will be going on a quilting retreat at the end of April, and everyone just decided to leave a day early to go shopping at Hancocks of Paducah!!!  I totally remember shopping there with Mary Jo…I took an empty suitcase on that trip…and it was the first time I bought batiks…and other than 2 fabrics…..that suitcase came home FULL of batiks…which it took me FIVE years to cut into because they were just so beautiful.  I still have the wall hanging I made with that first batik!  Anyway, the rest of my day was spent sewing strips onto my muslin bases….BORING!!!  I haven’t made a queen-sized quilt in years and years…and it’s taking FOREVER!!!  Michael and I headed to ARBY’s for dinner (we just LOVE their fish sandwiches) and then to the movies to see LA LA LAND (can you say date night?)  The movie was good…basically an homage to the Fred Astaire musicals…but the dancing wasn’t nearly as good.  There was one fantasy sequence at the end of the movie that I really loved.  We were home just after 9:30, and as I hadn’t been feeling quite myself all day, I headed to bed early.

Just a few more pics (especially for you Paula!)  I've been saving my scallion bottoms to re-grow.  I made all of those Cheesy Puffs on Sunday, and all of the bottoms from Sunday are already popping up:


And these are ones from 1-1/2 weeks ago:


1 comment:

  1. YAY - I'm in the blog ! ;) I can still remember seeing the write-up for the Paducah quilt show in the Southern Living magazine. WHO KNEW it was one of the quintessential quilt shows in the U.S. ?! A great time spent with you...

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.