Friday, March 17, 2017

Show & Tell at SHQ

Well….I left the house at 9:15 on Thursday and didn’t get home until 4:30 :~(.  What a l-o-o-ong day….but mostly a good one.  We got the top of a charity quilt all put together at quilting…it just needs borders.  And the show and tell was wonderful:  

1/2 square triangles can do ANYTHING!!


see next pic for close-up of embroideries...each one different

SO adorable!!!






Several of these quilts will be added to our Prayers & Squares ministry...to be given out whenever people are going through a challenging time...usually related to health issues.  Some others will be donated to Beds = Dreams (formerly known as Sterling School Quilts).  I left quilting a bit early to head to WALMART to buy supplies for my food and demo at Sweet & Savory on Monday, then headed to the dentist.  That took a long time because they were squeezing me in, but they put my permanent crown on…hopefully it is more permanent than the temporary, which fell out twice while I had it…the second time was Wednesday night…so that actually was very convenient!  When I got home I was really beat and just read a cookbook until dinner.  We had leftovers, I sewed for about an hour after dinner, then settled in to watch TV for the rest of the evening with my honey.  The good news is, while I was watching I got all of the bobbin ends tied in and all of the basting ripped out on my Diamond Dash quilt….YAY….at least it’s still moving (inching??) towards being totally finished  :~).

By the way - Janice positively guffawed when she saw my "snow" picture and decided to let me see what happened in Newington, CT...I think she eventually got 20 - 22 inches!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.