Saturday, March 25, 2017

Cinnamon Star Bread, Cookie & Elise, Paula, blocks!

I was feeling kind of depressed with how long it was taking to do this bed quilt, but I got to talk to BG Friday morning (3/24) and when I thought about it, I told her that I could potentially be done with all of the blocks by the time I went to bed on Sunday night….and that made me feel like the end is in sight :~).  Michael and I both headed out after that for hair appointments.  He was done in a flash…it took me much longer, so he left to get breakfast and came back to pick me up.  I got home around 11 and put together dough for Cinnamon Star Bread 


before talking on the phone with Jan for over an hour.  That was nice as we haven’t talked in quite awhile.  I finally made it downstairs around 1 PM and started back in on the “sew & flip” quilt for our bed.  Michael was on his computer at the same time, so we had company, here's Elsie being nonchalant  "no, I'm not going to bother you, I'm just sitting on the same pillow":


  












Then, when she has lulled Cookie into a false sense of security, she moves in for the snuggle:




















By early afternoon the dough was ready to be rolled out….and while it was rising, Paula stopped by for a visit: 


and to taste the banana bread…and I don’t know where the day went.  While she was there I asked what time it was and she said quarter to four!!!  I couldn’t believe it!!!  We talked for a bit and after she left the cinnamon dough finally went in the oven to bake.  It makes the house smell like HEAVEN!!  





I finally headed back downstairs at 5:30 to get in a tiny bit more sewing…so much for thinking that I would sew all day today!  By the time I came upstairs to snuggle with my honey at 9 PM, I had 10 of 100 blocks totally finished.  















I know that’s not much, but I’m 10% closer to being done  :~).  Hopefully I’ll get to sew more on Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. Your blocks are GORGEOUS !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your finished blocks look beautiful. Can't wait to see the pattern put together. I know you want to see it finished, but it's also enjoying the creative process, right? Maybe that's why I have always kept my projects small. It does seem at some point in a large project the creativity ends and repetitive production kicks in.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.