Wednesday, March 15, 2017

lasagna, chicken, Gale & Phil, Ann Mary & Jim

Tuesday, March 14 = more details on the baby….AJ…and in answer to some questions, yes, we do have pictures, but the parents have asked us not to post anything as yet.  They made it to the hospital ahead of the storm (they live in upstate New York), and will be staying until Thursday. 

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming…

Michael left for breakfast at 8:30 with a group of friends, and I got seasoned chicken thighs in the crockpot 



and put together lasagna 

sauce

uncooked noodles

ricotta, mozarella and the last of my summer pesto from last year

I like to shave my Parmesan on top























































Then I did 2 more layers of that before ending with the sauce and covering with foil.  After that it was SKYPE-ing with Janice at 9 AM…..NO GO  :~(.  But, we talked on the phone for over an hour, so that was good!  By then Michael was home in time to meet with our porch contractor for a revised drawing, since the county refused to grant a permit based on our design  :~(.  We’ve added some things, so I think we are both happy again with the design, and Michael headed to the grocery store afterwards.  I was on the phone for most of the time while he was gone, and when he got home I spent 10 minutes with forks and had a bunch of shredded chicken to show for it:  
I got a little chicken stock as well.















I headed to the studio then and got the back loaded up for a new customer quilt.  I called to find out about thread color and she also told me she wanted a double batting, so I got that cut, then headed back upstairs to cut up onions, zucchini and yellow squash for our dinner veggie.  Gale & Phil 



and Ann Mary & Jim 


came over for a “casual Tuesday” dinner.  




Gale brought a salad and Ann Mary brought 1/2 a key lime pie and everyone seemed to enjoy everything!  Our guests left just after dinner, and Michael left shortly afterwards to pick up Larry and head to the movies for KING KONG.  I read for an hour, then headed downstairs and sewed until 10:!5 PM when Michael got home.

2 comments:

  1. Bummer on being turned down on your design. When will construction start and be finished ? (So I can plan my next visit !) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the baby's name. Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.