Sunday, November 1, 2015

rose for my honey, chocolate pudding, bargello strata



HAPPY HALLOWEEN - I had a slow start on Saturday, my knee pain kept me awake for long portions of time Friday night once I got into bed :~(.  It really seems to be an up and down thing and I don’t know what exactly I’m going to do about it just yet.  I had hoped that walking in the pool would help…and sometimes it seems to and sometimes not so much.  But enough about that….Michael made a smurfy omelet for himself for breakfast, then headed off in the brisk 43 degree weather for golf here at SCCL.  After I cut one of our last roses, and put it on his nightstand for a surprise when we eventually went to bed, 













I headed to the kitchen to make a new recipe.  Our neighbor Joe bought a bunch of whole milk that he didn’t end up using, and he asked if I could figure out something to do with it.  I NEVER turn down free food, so of course I said “SURE!”  So, this morning I made chocolate pudding.  I only had one moment of panic, when I went to get chocolate chips and remembered that I used the last of them in the cake last Thursday.  Luckily I had some leftover bittersweet chocolate from long ago cupcakes, so that got used up.  After that I headed to the studio to sew for just a bit before joining Pat at the Lake House to water walk.  She came home with me afterwards to pick up some disks and try some pudding.  Then Joe came over to visit and try some pudding.  After that my honey came home, unhappy with his score, but happy about the pudding, and finally Paula came down for a visit (we haven’t seen each other in FOREVER!!!) and some pudding!  Everybody said it was yummy!



I worked in a quick talk with Janice before heading back downstairs to sew furiously.  My strata is finally done, ready to go to retreat and become bargello!   



Then it was time to clean up, get dressed up and head on out with Susan & Jim for a fabulous dinner at MAMA RICOTTAS (I had wild mushroom risotto with a side of asparagus, Michael had spaghetti & meatballs, Susan had one of my all time favorites:cheese ravioli with butter & sage sauce, and Jim had lasagna), and then onto Actor’s Theatre for BAD JEW.  It was a FABULOUS play…the actors were incredible…I think all 4 of us really enjoyed it.  The best part?  No intermission, so we were home by 10:30 and I had time to mix up a batch of Belgium Overnight Waffles before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.