Monday, November 23, 2015

Cooking Fingers, disappearing 4 patch, 1st dino quilt finished, binggining of "reading" quilt



OMgoodness…it was 29 degrees when we got up on Monday morning (11/23).  The guys had already cancelled their golf outing, and decided to go out to breakfast instead.  I putzed around on the computer for a bit before getting cleaned up and heading out to the Lake House for Cooking Fingers.  The program chairperson got a group of men to demo the recipes 

 and I must say everything tasted very good….but for the first time I found the samples to be very tiny :~(.  We had a cheddar Bacon Ranch Pinwheel, Double tomato brushetta and a teeny, tiny Superbowl Sausage Puff.   



Dessert was a wonderfully sized slice of Butter Pecan Cake…

 but I brought that home for Michael.  I came home at 12:30 and had a piece of cinnamon bread before heading to my studio.  The first thing I did was to iron one set of my blocks for the newest quilt:   

 I got step 3 done on them, and it is the final step.  Now that I know what the finished size of the block will be….I don’t have nearly enough blocks :~(…so I’ll have to get more squares cut one of these days.  The next thing I did was to weave in all of my bobbin ends and stitch down the label for the first dino babies quilt.  It is totally finished….YAY!  














I’ll take it to Stitch and Chat for show and tell tomorrow.  Then I dropped back to working on another Clinton top.  Barb M gave me 8 embroideries quite awhile ago…they are all of animals reading books.  I finally got the top put together with borders:   

 and I embroidered a special square for the center of the quilt:  



 By then it was dinnertime and my honey and I shared a pizza and watched TV for a bit.  One of the shows we were watching got very violent and bloody….so I headed downstairs while Michael watched the rest of it.  I came back upstairs around 9 and watched TV until bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.