Monday, November 23, 2015

bags, Christmas food supplies, pancakes, roses, pull-apart bread, Phil & Evelyn



Michael loaded all of the leftover bags from our Volunteer Thanksgiving food drive into the back of the car Sunday morning (11/22), 

 and I headed down to put them in Loree & Reg’s car while they were at church.  Loree will deliver them to HOPE…the Food Bank in Lancaster.  Then it was back home to the terrific smell of frying bacon :~).  It’s a good thing I cleaned off the island before I left…this is what it looked like:   






 These boxes are the beginning supplies for my Christmas food gifts!  I whipped up pecan pancakes to go with the bacon, 

 and that was our breakfast.  Before heading downstairs I had to take another picture of Michael’s roses…these things are 1 week old today and they still look absolutely gorgeous….the color is unbelieveable…not adequately/accurately picked up by the camera:















 I headed down to the studio around 11 AM and worked on a label and binding for the first of the dinosaur babies quilts.  Pat came by to show me a catalogue to order some aprons, and I gave her a book I think will help her make a Christmas stocking.  I quit sewing at 2 to head upstairs to start putting together a new recipe: herb/garlic pull apart bread for our dinner.  Michael left at 2:30 for a membership meeting at FMCP, and he got home at 4:30 as I was sliding the bread into the oven.  The minute it was done we plated it and headed on our to Phil & Evelyn’s for dinner.   


 
Jim and Susan were already there and we sat down to salads, a scrumptious Italian veggie soup and the bread.   


We played many rounds of Mexican Train (stopping 1/2 way through for homemade apple crumb pie) and finally got home at 9.  We watched TV for a bit, and I continued to knit on a scarf before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.