Friday, November 27, 2015

Christmas cactus, Thxgiving at Ken & Sharon's



Michael’s Christmas cactus is blooming and he took a picture Wednesday morning (11/25) 
wish my mom were here to see it

before heading out into the COLD morning for golf.  I headed downstairs to start quilting on the new customer quilt.  I was shocked when I heard footsteps upstairs at NOON….when Michael fell during the last performance of the play, I showed you a picture of his elbow, but he also hurt his back.  It was hurting so badly during golf that he came home early, and then headed out for another chiro treatment.  When he came home he announced that he was supposed to be icing his back….15 minutes on to 45 minutes off….so he spent a couple of hours resting and icing.  In the meantime, I spent all day and into the early evening completing the quilting on my latest customer quilt.  I had to rip out part of a row, so that slowed me down quite a bit, but by 7 PM I was finally done.  I started to sew in the bobbin ends and got just one set done before Janice and I had our weekly SKYPE session.  Once again, we couldn’t see each other  :~(.  You know, we ALWAYS used to be able to connect, but since SKYPE stopped supporting their previous version, and forced me to download a new one, in about 15 tries I would say we’ve actually seen each other once…..pretty poor new version.  Anyway, around 9 I headed upstairs to snuggle with my honey and watch TV.

*********************

Happy Thanksgiving!!!  We had a very productive morning on Thursday….while Michael took Cookie for her walk, I made cranberry sauce, a chocolate pie with a cinnamon graham cracker crust, rosemary rolls and homemade Bailey’s (for a hostess gift, but of course I had to try it to make sure it was good  :~).  When Michael came home he cleaned up the kitchen for me, then we both got to relax for a bit.  I finished off my latest book THE DEVIL”S CAVE and it was very good.  Just before 3 PM we packed everything up and headed over to Ken & Sharon’s.  Pat & George arrived shortly afterwards and we had a great time talking and drinking and eating appetizers.  Ken & Sharon have a beautiful home and an incredible bar in their basement….I’ve never seen anything like it.  We sat down to eat around 4:30 and there was so much food I think it took 15 minutes to pass all of the dishes before we could settle in to eat.   
Ken (host), Pat, Michael, Myrna (Sharon's aunt) and George

Myrna, George, Sharon (host)






















Everything was terrific and we sat around talking until 8 PM when we finally started packing to leave.  Our hosts insisted that we take home leftovers, so we all packed up several TOGO containers.  When we got home we were kind of tired and just plopped down on the couch to watch TV for several hours before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.