Saturday, November 21, 2015

Martini lunch at City Tavern, beginning Diane's quilt



My sweet honey went to the store for me Friday morning (11/20) so that I could get ready for my martini group luncheon.  I just had a lot to do before I left, but I finally hit the road at 11 AM to pick up Pat (who it feels like I haven’t seen in a MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) 

 and then Donnis and then head for the tennis courts to meet the rest of the crew.  The 10 of us headed into Waxhaw to City Tavern and had a 3 hour lunch!!!  Donnis has recently taken up card making and she made us all beautiful Christmas cards:

 The food was great…

I had a crab cake in a low carb wrap...yummy!

this was a chopped salad with 4 oz of salmon

and this was a chopped salad with blue cheese dressing

 I’m only sorry I didn’t get pictures of the desserts as well :~(.  I stopped at Pat’s on the way home to see what she bought in Paris (lots of cool gifts and an insanely soft, gorgeous coat sweater for herself) and got home just before 3:30.  I changed clothes and talked to Michael for a bit and then (though I had no excuse except that it seemed a busy week where I never stopped) I fell into a stupor for an hour!  Michael finally roused me as he made spaghetti & meatballs for his dinner (I was still way too full from lunch to want any) and I went back to the studio to finish loading up Diane’s quilt.  

 I got that done and spent over an hour trying to get the program set up at the density I wanted (still not done :~(, but headed upstairs anyway for TV.  I finished knitting a kid's hat and I still have some yarn left, so I think I’ll try mittens before knitting a scarf is there is any left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.