Monday, November 16, 2015

cinnamon bread, asparagus quiche, baklava cups, new blocks done, roses, champagne



I felt like I was on fire when I got up Sunday morning (11/15).  I made 2 loaves of cinnamon bread, 

and an asparagus quiche for breakfast.   















While everything was baking, I got my 2 blog entries done so that I could concentrate on baking cookies after the bread and quiche were out of the oven.  Michael wanted to take in cookies for the last performance, so I also made baklava cups for him.   



















 By the time I was done, it was after NOON and Marie (friend of a friend) and her daughter Kristen stopped by to talk to me about finishing a couple of quilts for Kristen.  They wanted a tour of all of my quilts and of the long arm.  It was great to talk to them, but by the time they left I was pooped!  Michael left for his last (matinee) performance, and I plopped down in the living room to read for a couple of hours.  My neighbor Anne stopped by to get a large wedge of the cinnamon bread and we got to talk for a bit.  I felt better after that and headed downstairs to continue working on the new quilt top.  I got all of the blocks done:   






  











before Michael came home for dinner.  He had one mishap at the theatre….at the end of the second act, he comes out and stumbles around on the stage.  Well, apparently he fell for real (and the audience knew it as he heard a collective GASP after he fell) and bruised his elbow rather severely.  Of course his ONLY concern was how it will affect his golf game tomorrow !!!  His director gave him a bouquet of the most beautiful color roses: 



and thanked him for being a great character.  Michael and I have been running and running for weeks now, so you know what Sunday night was….champagne and puffy things!  


 The puffy things were those stuffed scallop shells from Publix that we love.  Then we settled in to watch a NORTHERN EXPOSURE and a couple of THAT GIRL”S before falling into bed.

1 comment:

  1. Once again I want to reach into my computer and have cinnamon toast for breakfast, quiche for lunch and champagne and baklava for dessert ! oh, and smell the lovely roses too. (MJnCT)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.