Saturday, November 28, 2015

Christmas Food Day with Pat W, Michael stringing outside lights



My honey made me a fabulous toast/cheese/bacon/egg for breakfast on Friday morning (11/27) so that I was fortified to dive into my “day in the kitchen”.  He left then to take Cookie for a walk just as Pat W showed up around 9:30 and we dove right into making stuff.  Pat made dipped pretzels, 



cracker toffee, 















nut clusters 

and tiger bark.  

I made 6 runs of white trash 


















and 2 runs of cracker toffee.  Pat C stopped by around 1 PM to pick up her quilt.  She is giving it as a gift to someone in SCCL and asked that I not post the picture until after she has given it….so you’ll just have to be patient :~).  By the time Pat W. left at 3 PM, we were both beat!  I cleaned up the kitchen and lay like a dead thing in the living room...reading, while my honey strung our Christmas lights on our outside tree and porch post.   


















I finally roused myself enough to go downstairs to survey my quilting situation. When I first got my long arm….it didn’t work for quite awhile…and once it started working, I did a lot of practicing making dog beds.  When I finally felt like I kind of understood it, I quilted every quilt top in my house!  It was a fabulous feeling.  As time went on this year, I pretty much kept up with quilt tops I was making….but then I got a bunch of customer quilts, and my piecing kind of accelerated and I now have TEN….TEN quilt tops in my house!!!!  Granted, I did 3 during retreat, and one is a donation from BG when she was here in July but still!!!  So, I see a bunch of quilting on Miss Scarlett in my future!  Michael & I had wonderful Thanksgiving leftovers for dinner, courtesy of Keith & Sharon and I got the backing placed on Miss Scarlett for my last quilt for Sterling School for this year.  The top is the THREE DUDES quilt pattern that I worked on strictly at Scrap Happy Quilters on Thursdays for many, many months.  Loree is completing the same design…all with batiks…it is so beautiful…I can’t wait until it is done.  I finally headed upstairs around 8 PM to veg and watch TV for the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.