Sunday, November 22, 2015

Michael's omelet, tutorial on chicken sausage dinner



Although it was only 30 degrees when he got up, Michael was up early to get ready for golf on Saturday (11/21) and I followed shortly afterwards as I felt I had lots to get done.  Michael made his usual, professional spinach/mushroom/swiss omelet:   

with a Wolferman's English muffin of course



























while I had my leftover quiche.  I spent the morning and afternoon quilting Diane’s quilt, and by 3:30 it was done.  I worked on sewing together another Clinton top while Diane’s quilt was stitching out.  I got the bobbin ends woven in on the quilt before heading upstairs with Michael to work on a slightly early dinner (neither of us had lunch and we were both starving).  Michael and I put together a mostly one pot meal of that designer chicken sausage (this was chicken with mozzarella).  I sauteed some onions in olive oil, 

 then added the sausage, 















then a can of diced tomatoes, 


a tiny bit of mozzarella I had leftover from our last pizza 

and finally several handfuls of baby spinach.  

 In the meantime, Michael was cooking pasta in the microwave, so we served the sausage over 2 ounces of whole wheat pasta and with a final sprinkling of Parmesan, it was ready….yum!  

 I went back downstairs after dinner to sew for another couple of hours and finally settled into TV watching and knitting around 8:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.