Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Machine Embroidery show & tell, Diamond Dash top done, my honey's bruise



Michael was up early Monday (11/16) to get ready for golf and I jumped up as well to get ready for another busy day.  I pulled together my agenda for Volunteers and heated up quiche for breakfast.  After that I had a bit of time to start reading some of my 30 cooking blogs (I try to do it every Monday), before leaving for the meeting.  We had a great volunteer meeting and when I got home at 11:30 I called Joanne, who came up to try on her shawl.  We decided I still need to do another 3 inches, so I’ll get busy on that hopefully tonight.  I sent her home with some baklava cups and a little chunk of cinnamon bread.  I spent another bit of time on the computer (mostly sending out stuff I needed to do for Volunteers) before leaving for the Machine Embroidery meeting.  That was another good meeting, with lots of beautiful show and tell.  


this was adorable!

 We have one member (who doesn’t sleep I think) who brings 15 – 25 items EACH month!!!  And they are all beautiful.  She made a quilt for her sister, all flowers with flower related Bible verses.  It was spectacular...and if that wasn't enough, she made a beautiful bag for the quilt to be stored in:
Cathy, displaying the quilt bag

I headed home at 3 PM and a member of quilt-a-holics came over shortly afterwards to drop off some scarves for Clinton School.  She asked for a quilt/long arm tour and I was happy to comply.  She was very curious about how the long arm worked, and I told her if she wanted to come for a demo, I would be happy to call her the next time I had something loaded up.  She asked if she could extent that invitation to the Quilt-a-holics club, and I said yes, providing they could come in small groups!  I finally got back to sewing around 4 and sewed until 8 PM (Michael had a late, large lunch and so wasn’t interested in dinner, and I just nuked a potato for my own dinner).   

blocks are all sewn into columns

adding the sashing

voila!
 This quilt is called the Diamond Dash.  I get these emails from Missouri Star Quilt Company every week and they suck me in with their YOUTUBE videos of how to do the quilts.  This seemed to go together in a flash....I love how it looks...and I would definitely call it a stash buster quilt.  I may do another next year in a single bed size for Sterling School.  After that, we went upstairs and I knit while we watched TV for another couple of hours before bed.

By the way....here are the results of my honey's fall on stage on Sunday:
see that bruise extending up his arm  :-(
 ouch! The only good news is...he said it didn't affect his golf game!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.