Wednesday, November 18, 2015

new blocks started


Tuesday (11/17) was another whirlwind day….Michael left before 9 AM for an appointment with the foot doc and the beginning of Christmas food gift shopping at BJ’s, while Jan picked me up just after 9.  We headed to the Ivies (where she got a bunch of stuff out of a locker they had set aside for Walt), then headed to the Apple Store at South Park Mall.  Jan had questions on her phone and her tablet, so she spent quite a bit of time in the store while I sat outside on a comfortable couch, knitting.  After that, it was time for lunch at THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY.  It was my first time and I got Cuban egg rolls, while Jan had crab bites.  We both split an order of veggie fries: avocado, zucchini & mushroom.  By the time we got back to Sun City, Stitch and Chat was already in progress, so Jan dropped me off at the Lake House.  Joanne tried on the shawl I’ve been knitting for her and declared it done…YAY!  Pics as soon as I get all of the ends tied in.  When I got home from S&C, I called a friend and headed out to her house to borrow an embroidery design I saw and liked.  Now I have have to find the perfect vehicle to stitch it out on.  By the time I got home, I was POOPED (I don’t like these days where I leave in the morning and get home in the late afternoon…and 2 in a row just makes me cranky :~).  Michael and I had a quick dinner and I got in just a tiny bit of sewing (starting NEW blocks out of leftovers from Diamond Dash Quilt): 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
before heading upstairs.  When Michael is in a play, we get very behind in our TV watching.  And with me gone for 5 days at retreat…it is just worse.  So instead of going to the movies, Michael made popcorn and we plopped on the couch to binge watch 3 episodes of MAJOR CRIMES.  We did get one delightful interruption….a delivery of cookies from Joanne & Larry…yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.