Sunday, November 29, 2015

outdoor decorating, Cookie & Elsie, quilting done on 3 dudes quilt, new dog quilt



As I ran out the door Saturday morning (11/28) to run to the store, I saw the rest of Michael’s outdoor decorating:  


Why yes…those ARE golf balls hanging from our swirly tree :~).   
By the time I got home, the house smelled like heaven, as Michael had made his traditional omelet before heading off to golf here at SCCL.  He said he wasn't going to keep score as his back was really still hurting....but he eventually came home with an 86 and seemed very happy.  I made my own smurfy egg sandwich and headed to the studio to start quilting.  Every time I came upstairs for something….there was sharing going on:     

I spent all day on the THREE DUDES quilt 

and by 7 PM is was done…with barely a quarter inch of batting leftover….WHEW!   



This was the last piece on my roll of batting and I was hoping it would be big enough.....and it was, but just BARELY!!!  While it was stitching out, I did manage to sew together another Clinton School quilt…these embroideries were provided by Joyce…a woman in the Machine Embroidery group.   

 
After sewing it together I got borders on it and it is ready to be quilted (this is one of the 10 quilts I mentioned yesterday).  Michael and I had leftovers for dinner, then watched TV while I knit away on a scarf for Clinton.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.