Friday, May 29, 2015

Happy Anniversary to us!!!



More workers at our house Thursday morning (5/28) to paint all of the faux wood trim on our plastic palace :~).  Our house looks terrific, several neighbors have already contacted us to get the name of the guy to have the same things done!  Michael packed up the car and I left for quilting just after 9 (I had to stop at the grocery store and the library on the way).  It was another good day at quilting….I actually finally (FINALLY!!) finished sewing together all of my squares on the 3 dudes quilt pattern I’ve been taking to quilting for AGES!!  I added up all of my blocks, and I have enough to do another Sterling School quilt :~).  I thought maybe I’d have to add sashing in between each 4 patch, but I don’t have to.  At most I will have to put a small border around the whole thing once it’s sewn together.  I got home around 1 PM and immediately turned on my hot rollers, and eventually set my hair before spending a couple of hours sewing on my tumbling blocks.  BG has definitely inspired me to FINALLY get the background done and get it OFF of my design wall.  Around 3 PM I headed upstairs to get ready for our evening…and what an evening it was :~).  It was our anniversary…..TEN FABULOUS, WONDERFUL YEARS….the best 10 years of my life!  Anyway, since we both forgot our anniversary last year (see story here if you missed it: http://foodandfiberfloozie.blogspot.com/2014/05/cookie-bg-loree-with-new-tumbling.html), we decided we would definitely do something special this year.  Michael knows I love the music from JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR, so he got tickets to the Theatre Charlotte production, and he also arranged dinner out at the FISH MARKET in Baxter Village.  We both got ready and asked our neighbors to come over and take pictures:   


















After that Michael wanted one picture outside…and I walked out to find THIS in our driveway:   
















 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  My romantic husband decided that we would glide through our anniversary evening in style, and it was magical.  As soon as we glided out of the driveway, Michael popped open the champagne, 
you can see the bottle in the ice chest















which we enjoyed on the way to dinner.  We arrived at the FISH MARKET 



 and split sea scallops as an appetizer, then split a Caesar Salad before our entrees of scallops and shrimp for Michael 


 and crab cakes for me.  


 
 Then it was off to the theatre for a great production.  It was over by 9:30, and we drank the rest of the champagne on the way home…although we didn’t go directly home….our driver found us an open COLD STONE CREAMERY, and we both got dark chocolate ice cream for dessert.  There were LED lights all through the limo, which kept changing color:
we could have EASILY fit 6 more people in this limo and NOT been crowded!




 WHAT an incredible evening…what an incredible anniversary.  We were home by 10:30 and exchanged our cards and talked for a bit before heading for bed…and the sweetest dreams you can imagine  :~).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.