Saturday, May 23, 2015

tea roses, cherry tomato, Evelyn & Phil, Susan & Jim

Michael took Cookie for a walk early Friday morning (5/22) while I got a bit of paperwork done and cleaned up the kitchen after making a double run of my Belgium yeast waffles (for dinner tonight).  He took off for grocery shopping after breakfast, and I hit my computer for MORE paperwork ~sigh~, but at least the Volunteer minutes are out and posted on the website, AND the write-up for the silent auction has gone out.  After that, I loaded up the broken arrow quilt, got it basted and started to quilt it.  I got 4 rows done before it was time to head upstairs.  I put together an egg casserole, also for dinner, and then headed into the shower.  Michael cut more of our tea roses for the living room,



and also planted the cherry tomato plant out on the deck



before his own shower.  After that he started the potatoes


and bacon

for our dinner.  Evelyn & Phil

and Susan & Jim



came by at 5:30 for our “breakfast for dinner” of waffles, potatoes, egg casserole,



and bacon.  All was going swimmingly until the waffle iron broke on the last waffle :~(.  We played Mexican Train for several hours afterwards, stopping for a dessert of make-your-own-fruit-salad



about 1/2 way through.  I think everyone enjoyed the evening…they certainly enjoyed the dinner…there was not a crumb left  :~).  Michael and I watched just a bit of TV after everyone was gone, before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.