Sunday, May 10, 2015

illusions blocks, puffy things, champagne



Sue & Charlie’s visit came to an end much too quickly, and they headed to the airport Saturday morning (5/9).  I headed up to the Lake House to join 10 others to sort the donations for the 2 children’s homes….since our drive ended on Friday…and Michael headed out to the golf course.  I was home by 10:30, did a little bit of work on the computer and finally thought I was ready to sew by NOON.  Unfortunately, Friday night was another one of those awake-at-4-AM-what-the-heck-is-this???  So, instead of sewing…I took a lo-o-o-ong nap.  I was still moving rather slowly when I got up, so I just read my book until Michael got home….VERY happy…with his score of 80  :~).  Finally just before dinner I got some energy and finished up another set of blocks for the new illusions quilt (I started these before we left on vacation):   

 Then I started to put the binding on a recently finished quilt, while Michael made us puffy things 

crab rangoon

mozzarella sticks (now we're totally out of puffy things!)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

and opened a bottle of champagne.  

note addition of fresh strawberries....yum!

 Around 8 we decided to celebrate one of our lunches on the California trip (at Bubba Gump’s Shrimp House), so we made popcorn and watched FORREST GUMP for the rest of the evening.  We haven’t seen the movie in ages, and it was great.  It was a long movie, and we finally stumbled to bed around 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.