Thursday, May 14, 2015

BG & Loree, BG's tumbling blocks, video of Miss Scarlett, Cookie & Elsie



One of us was up very early Wednesday (5/13), while one of us just lolled about in bed (that would be me :~).  Anyway, we were both finally up and moving and got the second quilt loaded up, and I made a quick trip to the farmer’s market for strawberries before Loree & Reg arrived at 10 AM.  BG wanted to mount her tumbling blocks on a frame the way I have done for other quilts…and Loree wants to do the same….Reg came along so that he could see what kind of frame he will have to build.  We got everything laid out on the kitchen island and BG and Loree went to town.



isn't it spectacular????

Now Loree and I both have to get ours done!

We headed back to quilting and while BG kept Miss Scarlett going (BG is a very fast learner).  


I continued to put vertical sashing between my illusions blocks.  When we came up to get a bit of lunch, this was going on:
sharing dad's quilt
 BG finished up the second quilt by 4:30…WOW….2 quilts done and one wall hanging mounted in 2 days….WHOO HOO!!  We got another quilt loaded up before taking a break, then Jan & Walt picked us up in their golf cart and we took the ride of our life down to the ballfield, with BG and me screaming and laughing practically the whole way, riding backwards on the golf cart.  We all enjoyed hot dogs and watched a bit of the game before heading back home to start quilting quilt #3.  We got through 3 rows on quilt # 3 and were both beat, so we headed upstairs to plan out a quilt for BG.  She wants to do the blooming 9-patch pattern that I used for the rainbow quilts, and we sorted her fabric and figured out how it was going together.  She headed for bed, and I watched a bit of TV before heading there myself.

I keep forgetting to tell you that our roses out side have exploded:  

and Michael's oxalis (which in CT was an indoor plant) just keeps getting bigger and bigger every year as it comes back outside down here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.