Saturday, May 30, 2015

flowers


Friday morning (5/29) it was back to reality ~sigh~;
Michael had a 10:30 doctor’s appointment, and I headed to the Lake House to see our neighbor Jim in his first on-stage appearance!  The Performing Arts Club put on 4 short plays and they were all excellent!  I hit the bank and the library on the way home, and was home by 1 PM to continue to work on my tumbling blocks.  In some ways, I feel like I’m spinning my wheels, and even though I am working on the background, it never seems to get any closer to being done!  But, the best part was, I binge watched The Vicar of Dibley (on NETFLIX) the whole afternoon while I was sewing.  Michael came home and headed out back to pick more flowers for the living room: 
 
For dinner Michael and I made the orange chicken from Trader Joe’s, with broccoli and quinoa and it was excellent.  We headed up to Harris Teeter for a quick piece of cake afterwards, and I scored 2 rotisserie chickens that each had coupons for $3 off!!  Within 1/2 an hour I had picked both of the chickens and put the carcasses into the crockpot on the deck.  Michael and I watched TV together for the rest of the evening and ate our piece of “anniversary” cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.