Thursday, May 28, 2015

bread, illusions quilt finished!,


Michael left before 8 AM for golf here at SCCL on Wednesday (5/27) and I hopped up, excited to be able to do something new since one of my quilts was finished :~).  I made dough for 2 loaves of bread while I was drinking my tea, then headed downstairs.  I tried a new technique for making 1/2 square triangles and I LOVE it!  My next rainbow quilt will definitely be pinwheels (made with 1/2 square triangles) and a cream background.  I know I will need a lot, but that’s ok, I plan to work on it little by little.  After that I dropped back to the binding on my rainbow illusions quilt.  Michael came home around 1 PM with an 87, and was very happy to find fresh baked bread on the counter. 
 
Jan swung by after it was out of the oven to take 1/2 a loaf home for her company (son from Rhode Island and wife).  In the late afternoon I finally finished the rainbow illusions quilt….YAYAYAYAY!!! 
 
This is the THIRD quilt I have finished in May 2015…..I am psyched!!  I finished 2 bed quilts for Sterling School and one smaller quilt that I will also donate to the school.
 
I made a few repairs to the range holders I made for Michael and Phil (I’m going to have to make them new ones very soon), and then dropped back to working on my tumbling blocks, by filling in more of the background.  We had leftover pizza for dinner, then it was time to SYPE for an hour with Janice.  She looked fine on the screen, but I looked like I was transmitting a picture once every 3 seconds….very herky-jerky.  Oh well…what can you do…it’s still amazing to me that we can “see” each other every Wednesday!  After that I was plopped on the couch with my honey, knitting furiously on another charity hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.