Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Memorial Day parade



We used the leftover waffle batter to make quasi-pancakes on Sunday morning (5/24).  Some people think waffle batters and pancake batters are interchangeable….I am here to tell you they are NOT!  They were weird, but we ate them anyway….waste not, want not.  Then Cookie and Michael were off to take a long walk, while I hit the studio to get my 2 quilts off of the frame.  I got that done, and put together the binding for both quilts 





and started to trim them.  By the time I got one trimmed, it was time to clean up and head down the street for a party.  Our neighbors had a 60-30-60 party…they are both turning 60 over the next 2 months, and also had their 30 year wedding anniversary.  There was a very nice crowd of people, some we knew and many we didn’t, as well as their 2 children.  We had a lovely meal and socialized for a bit before heading home.  I sewed a bit on a quilt label (which my machine ate because I was too lazy to go in the closet and put on some iron in interfacing!!!) before joining Michael upstairs to knit on a new charity hat and watch TV before bed.

********************
 
We were both up early Monday morning (5/25); Michael headed to the store to pick up butter & sugar corn, while I got a ginger pear coffee cake into the over.  At 9:30 we headed over to Paula’s to eat, socialize, drink mimosas and watch the Memorial Day parade.  Paula always hosts as her house is at one of the junctions on the parade route.  She puts out mimosas, orange juice and coffee, and all of the guests brought something to share:  





 The parade was LONG (lots of new golf carts) 

it always starts with the motorcycle gang; this is just the tale end of them



one guy on a scooter was trying to keep up

and Uncle Sam on a segway always brings up the tail end

 and we stayed for several hours to talk before coming home.  We were home before NOON and Michael decided to do his monthly (June) chores, while I headed to my studio to sew.  I got the 2 labels done for my quilts, and got the second quilt trimmed, then was pretty lazy for the rest of the day.  I read my book until dinnertime when Jan and Walt came over for hot dogs, macaroni salad and corn on the cob.  Our meal was great and we were all stuffed by the end of it.  Jan & Walt left for home and Michael and I and Cookie went for a long golf cart ride, checking out all of the new construction.  By the time we got home, we were both ready to plop on the couch and watch some TV.

1 comment:

  1. Love the parade photos ! Thanks for sharing. Who knew a golf cart parade could be so fun.... (MJ in CT)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.