Saturday, May 9, 2015

breakfast, quilting a quilt, Charlie & Sue



I was up early Friday (5/8) to mix up whole wheat pecan waffles for breakfast, while Michael, Sue, Charlie and Cookie headed out for a walk.   

 We had a great breakfast when they got back and then headed to the studio to quilt.  We spent most of the day quilting a customer quilt, and Charlie seemed particularly fascinated by the entire process, and even lent a hand

moving from the ironing board to the frame

Charlie's a carpenter, so he reminded me "measure twice, quilt once"!

here's how you baste down the top

Charlie gives it a try

ok....I'm done...what's next?

 
we need to set up the computer program and let 'er rip!


After quilting, everyone relaxed for a few hours, 
enjoying the warm SC weather
then Sue and I made the quick one pot pasta for dinner, and we all headed to Fort Mill for their newest play.  I am sorry that my life is so hectic right now that I can’t organize a big Sun City group to go to this play…it was WONDERFUL!!!  Funny, warm, poignant….a really great story and the acting was excellent as well.  We were home after 10 and read our books for a bit before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.