Tuesday, May 12, 2015

peanut butter cup cookies, last 2 illusions blocks, new charity hats



Michael made his usual eggs for breakfast on Monday (5/11), while I hopped up to do peanut butter cup cookies for him to take on his trip.   

By 8 AM we were golf carting it up to Rosy Billed Court where the guys were meeting to leave for Pinehurst.  We unloaded and I came home for a quick breakfast, then Rose from the Children’s Attention Home showed up to pick up all of the donations from our 2 week drive (which have been stored in our car since Saturday morning).  I finally made it downstairs to get through all of my paperwork and was ready to sew by 10:30 AM.  Sitting at my computer I knew I only need one more color of blocks and my illusion blocks would be done....I need BLUE blocks ..... BLUE ... remember that.  I walk the 10 steps over to my cutting table and see some green fabric(leftover from the backing and binding of last quilt finished)...I go hmmm, wonder if this is enough to do the last set of blocks (note the fabric in my hand is GREEN!!!)  I measure it...yep...just a hair over 10 inches wide....I can use it...cut out 10 5" by 10" blocks...start to sew on sides....get 8 done....OH NO!!!!  Brain wakes up....why am I sewing my shadow sides on GREEN blocks....when I need BLUE blocks!!!  What a MAROON!!!!  Go to stash basket and look for blue fabric…..sigh.  Ten steps from computer to table and my brain is already dead.....the car for the home is running (some of you know what that means!) Anyway, but 7 PM I have completed the blue blocks, and also finished up a few blocks of the next the the last color:   





















 I had a quick dinner of leftover mac ‘n’ cheese, and watch TV upstairs while finishing off the 2 hats I started on vacation.   
 All in all a pretty productive day….even if I did screw up with the color of blocks in the beginning :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.