Wednesday, May 20, 2015

beginning garden, quilting on illusions, AAA article



After our breakfast on the deck, Wednesday (5/20) was all about gardening.  Michael headed to LOWE’s to buy 3 Roma tomato plants and one cherry tomato plant, while I planted the zinnias I started from seed:   

 When he got home he dragged bags of dirt around to our back garden and proceeded to rake it in to enrich our soil, then we planted the 3 Roma tomatoes.   
hopefully wrapped up tight enough to keep out the bunnies!
 We also have our first dahlias blooming:   

I got cleaned up and had a quick lunch of yoghurt & strawberries, then headed to the studio around 1 PM.  I got the illusions quilt all loaded up and started quilting, and I finished up the last row just before Janice called to SKYPE at 7:30.  I love the new pattern I'm using called ribbon candy:

 Janice and I talked for about an hour, then I headed upstairs to watch TV with my honey, and start stitching down the butterflies on my tulip quilt.  Guess what?  It’s going to be a long time before I have all of them stitched down….

So, I keep forgetting to show you this picture…we got our AAA magazine and there was a very special article in it…if you click on the picture, it should be large enough for you to read.






1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.