Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Cassie & JJ's wedding, illlusion's top done



Sunday (5/17) was all about the wedding.  Our good friend Sally (who lost her hubby to a brain tumor over a year ago) looked STUNNING as the mother of the groom for her son’s wedding.  

 Cassie (the bride) looked flawless 


 and JJ looked so much like his dad it brought back many memories.  


The wedding was in the morning, and they had a buffet brunch for their reception that was lots of fun.   

 We were home by 4 PM, and I just couldn’t get anything going.  My energy is still not where it should be, guess I’m still recovering from vacation and our guests (and of course my slave driver of a friend who quilted 5 quilts in 2-1/2 days!!!!  She has motivated me to get on the stick with my remaining quilts).  Anyway, after dinner I finally got the borders sewn together for the illusions quilt.

****************

Monday (5/18) was another busy day.  Michael left for golf at 8:15 and I got to sew for just a bit in the morning before leaving at 10 AM for my Volunteer meeting (5 down, 7 to go!)  I am working on the borders for the illusions quilt….I LOVE this quilt and definitely have to make another one…I think I’m going to be stuck on rainbows for awhile yet :~).  I got the borders sewn onto the long sides of the quilt before I left.  I got home around NOON and had time for a few phone calls and a quick sandwich before heading back to the sales center for 1 PM.  Our machine embroidery club was meeting there to car pool to 4 member’s houses for tours of their sewing rooms.  How fabulous it was…although we ALL agreed that our sewing rooms don’t really look anything like that normally…it’s only because we knew a tour was coming  :~).  I was home after 3 and Michael had just gotten home himself (with a 92…he said it was a VERY hard course).  We both read for a bit, then headed downstairs.  I finished the borders on the illusions quilt:   


Now just have to find backing fabric and load that puppy up!  I worked a bit on the 2 quilts I am combining into one, before joining my honey at 9 PM for a little TV before bed.

1 comment:

  1. I really, really like that Illusions pattern....Would you be willing to share it? Or tell me where you found it?

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.