Friday, May 15, 2015


BG had me sewing and her quilting by 7:30 AM Thursday morning (5/14), and by 11 AM the third quilt was done (she really knows how to crack the whip when she has to!!)  We headed upstairs for a small lunch, and Michael came home as we were eating…. YAYAYAYAYAY!!!  He had SO MUCH FUN on this trip…he said it was a great bunch of guys.  He was a fill in for someone who had to drop out…so he may not get to go again next year…but he hopes he will.  He saw BG’s tumbling blocks up on the kitchen wall and was gob-smacked by how good it looked.  We talked for a bit, but by 1 PM BG had loaded up a fourth (FOURTH!!!!) quilt and was quilting away.  Things were going swimmingly, BG quilting and me sewing on my illusions quilt, until 1:30 PM when we both hit snags that required some ripping.  Her, just a little bit, me…a whole lot  :~(.  I knew in my head that the illusions quilt layout is 7 blocks by 9 blocks…so of course I don’t have to look at my directions…I know what I’m doing.  I get all of the sashing done and the whole thing sewn together.  I put it on the ironing board to press all of the horizontal seams and noticed it looked VERY skinny and VERY long.  I put it on the pool table to measure….dimensions are WAY off….45” by 108”??????  My brain finally wakes up.  My blocks are not squares, they are rectangles.  I did 7 across and 9 down…supposed to be 9 across by 7 down…..!@#$%^&*.  So, let the ripping commence.  I ripped until around 5 PM when BG’s fourth quilt was done, then we loaded up Leila’s quilt.  We got most of it done before a late dinner…and finished it up afterwards…..so that’s 5 quilts in 2-1/2 days folks…..I am BEAT!!!  BG started sewing in the ends on her quilts, and I continued ripping until around 10 PM when we both collapsed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.