Monday, January 26, 2015

tumbling blocks proposed layout



Jan and I were out and about early on Saturday (1/24) getting errands done and getting home by 9:30 in time to kiss my honey good-bye before he left for golf here at SCCL.  A very short while later I got up from reading the paper, deciding to make myself an egg for breakfast when Cookie ran to the garage door.  I said “I don’t know why you’re running…your dad isn’t home” only to open the door and find out he was!  He said it started to rain before he even got all the way to the golf course…and the foursome decided to call it off and try to golf Sunday.  So…..he made me a smurfy grilled ham & cheese sandwich for breakfast…yum!  I got the pork chops brining and dough made for my second attempt at King’s Hawaiian Rolls and then headed downstairs to spend several hours arranging and re-arranging the tumbling blocks….they’re stalled here for the moment.  
so far using only 2 of the 4 sizes I made...  :-(

I got the rest of dinner in the oven and Candyce & Ralph came at 6 PM for breaded  porkchops, quinoa with cheese and broccoli and rolls.  I threw in a pan of Mocha Truffle cookies for dessert.  We played several rounds of SHEIST (and Candyce recorded the highest score EVER…..82) before switching over to SCREWED…which she didn’t like nearly as much as she lost  :~( .  It was a delightful evening, but by the time they left, I could barely keep my eyes open and I headed to bed while Michael stayed up reading.

********************

After a nice 1/2 of an Asiago bagel for breakfast, I decided to try out Miss Scarlett again.  I thought I would try different combinations of the USB cord versus the circuit board.  The first row did not go so well, but I wedged some fabric behind my tablet and the second row was much better  :~).  I also put fabric on the bottom of the tablet where it rests against the holder.  I’m going to get some of those cushions that you put on the bottom of chairs so that they don’t scratch the floor and affix them to the tablet holder.  This was with the NEW USB cable, but the OLD circuit board.  I essentially had the tablet padded “6 ways to Sunday” and managed to finish quilting another single bed quilt …..YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!  At the same time I was working on a potato chip quilt…increasing the number of blocks and trying to figure out how much fabric I needed to make it a single bed quilt size.  At 3 PM I headed upstairs to start rolls and soup for dinner.  Michael did not care AT ALL for the Hawaiian Rolls…the recipe definitely needs more work…so I dropped back to my regular golden pull apart butter buns…a never fail recipe.  We had Elephant Chicken soup with the rolls and that soup is always better than I remember (Jan had given me a chicken carcass a couple of days ago so I made stock for the soup with the carcass)….Michael doubled up on servings of soup…while I doubled up on servings of rolls :~) (thank you Dad for that genetic disposition :~).  I was kind of tired after dinner, so we just watched TV (I didn’t even knit) until bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.