Wednesday, January 28, 2015

cookies, Elsie a duex, soup, daffodils



Michael had a very late tee off time on Wednesday (1/28) because it was so cold.  I stayed out of the kitchen in the morning until he was done eating, which wasn’t a hard thing to do at all as I was on the phone to GRACE (the long arm company) for most of the time, trying to load in some free quilting designs I had scored on the internet.  I finally got that completed (and hopefully also transcribed my very detailed notes so that I might be able to do it again!) when I finally headed upstairs to stock up my honey for my trip to Connecticut (the probability is that there will be no more blog posts until late next week).  His cookie jar was empty, so I used the last of my chocolate to dip double stuffed oreos for him.   

 Then I proceeded to make 3 different kinds of cookies.  As I mentioned, Michael is now on the board of the Fort Mill Playhouse.  Their season kickoff party is this coming Saturday, and we need to help provide refreshments for it….so I made cookies  

 
these are Baklava Cups

at the top I have chocolate sugar cookies...bottom are cake cookies 
 

























  








I had company in the living room while I was working in the kitchen....I think Elsie has usurped Cookie's favorite new napping place:












By the time Michael came home from golf at 5 PM, I had also finished making chicken/cheese/chowder and he ran a quart over to our neighbors Anne & Bryce (Anne is still fighting a cold and sounded even worse than she did a couple of days ago), before we settled in to eat it ourselves.  


Michael cleaned up the kitchen after dinner while I threw in a load of laundry and finally started to pack for my trip.  We both collapsed around 8 PM and watched TV until bedtime.

By the way....contrary to the gardening "rules" our daffodils are always up before our crocuses:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.