Monday, January 5, 2015

10 day after Christmas (hat), bread, a boy & his dog,

On the 10th day after Christmas (Sunday, 1/4) my honey let me be…the result i-is what you now see:

I knit furiously on Sunday so that I could have a finished project!  This is a wool hat (for the Indian reservation), made out of leftover entrelac sweater yarn.

 *****************************

As for the rest of the day…it was so warm when I got up on Sunday, that when I opened the front door, the storm door was so fogged up I couldn’t see out of it.  Since it was in the high 50’s, Michael decided to take the dog for a walk right away.  He was gone about 20 minutes when the skies erupted into a downpour!  I ran upstairs, grabbed a large towel and headed out in the golf cart to find him.  By the time I got back home, he was there (someone else had given him a ride home)…soaked to the skin.  I told him to strip off in the laundry room and take a hot shower before he even thought of sitting down to breakfast.  I worked in the studio for a bit before coming upstairs to bake sandwich bread
 
and sugar cookies….and this is what I saw:
 
 
The sugar cookies were boxed up and taken over to Beth’s before I thought to get a picture…here’s the one that was left  :~). 
 
I decided to take a chance on Miss Scarlett, hoping I could repair the pattern if I got into trouble….all was well until row 4.  I finally shut it off after row 5…deciding to deal with it after my new cable arrives.  The one thing I did change on my machine was the speed at which it is stitching out.  I had it on slow…and upgraded to medium….HOLY STITCHES BATMAN…..that thing now moves like a BOOH*…I cannot even imagine what it would look like set at the fast speed.  I made pasta with sage butter sauce and roasted butternut squash & mushrooms…..yum!!!  Haven’t had it in awhile and it was excellent.  We settled in, back to movie watching with RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK…one of my Christmas presents.

*bat out of h3ll

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.