Monday, January 12, 2015


I spent most of the day in my studio on Saturday (1/10) and got all of my green/blue 9 patch blocks complete for my newest quilt.  Michael watched golf, took the dog for a walk, drew with his new Christmas pens and in general….relaxed.  We had Barb’s soup for dinner…and it was even more delicious than Friday night...I am definitely making this soup!  After dinner we headed into Charlotte for the symphony pops SALUTE TO  MOTOWN with classic soul….it was FABULOUS!!!  The music was wonderful…the soloists divine.  The only difficulty was in getting out of the parking lot.  They only had ONE exit open, and no attendant….dealing with the machine took about 4 minutes per car….so even if you managed to park very close to the exit (as we did), it seemed to take forever to get out.  Oh well…we were home just before 11 and Michel watched the end of the Panthers game  :~(, while I finished SILKWORM, an excellent book by Robert Galbraith (aka J K Rowling).  It’s the second in her series with PI Comoran Strike and the writing was terrific.  The first book in the series is The Cuckoo's Calling.
********************
I had a sewing marathon on Sunday (1/11) from 10 AM until 6 PM, while Michael played golf, made his signature potato/carrot mash and did a bunch of chores.  I got all 32 of my blue/purple blocks sewn, as well as sewing all of my blocks into rows for the rainbow quilt.  I don’t yet know if it will look nice….or if it is the size I want…but am very happy with how far along I am.  I was really pooped after that.  We had kind of a Thanksgiving dinner and then watched PLAZA SUITE an oldy but goody.  I knit a bit and snuggled a bit and just felt good about all I have accomplished…..hope to have a picture tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.