Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Rich H



Monday (1/19) was a whirlwind day.  Michael left for golf at Stonebridge at 8:30, when it was only 28 degrees outside….brrrr!  I was up early to put together blueberry muffins for the Volunteer Board, who showed up at 9 AM.  We met until NOON, then I did a bunch of paperwork and left at 1 PM for an embroidery club meeting.  I loved seeing what everyone brought, and hearing how everyone uses their machine.  The meeting was over at 3, and I got home just in time to change my clothes and head out with Barb and Bobbie for a wake for the husband of a friend.  It was both good and bad….Jack had cancer and just found out that it had returned and he was supposed to have his larynx removed, which he totally didn’t want.  While they were in Charleston getting a scan, Jack had a massive heart attack in the hotel room.  Pam said she was very grateful that she was with him…and that if they had been home, she might have been out somewhere.  It was still very sad, he was only in his 60’s.  We got home around 5 PM and Michael and I sat on the couch for just a bit talking before Rich showed up.   



Rich was my best friend all through high school and it was wonderful getting to share many stories from the past.  He lives in Ohio now, but had to see customers in Florida and Georgia, so we were on his way.  We had dinner and sat and talked for HOURS….it was wonderful…..so nice to have someone who knows so much of my (much younger) past.  Rich still seemed to have some energy, but Michael and I both started yawning and finally headed to bed just before 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.