Sunday, January 4, 2015

9th day after Christmas (pillow for sofa), Cookie & Elsie

On the 9th day after Christmas (Saturday, 1/3) my honey let me be…The result i-is what you now see:












 

One of the prettiest things about the blue/purple/green quilt was the backing…it was absolutely GORGEOUS.  With a little piecing, I made a pillow for the sofa…which really needed it since all of my friends use a pillow at their backs when they come over because the sofa is so deep.  The color does NOT show up well in the picture, but it’s the best I could do.  It’s also hard to see in the picture, but I made a bunch of pin tucks on the top to give it a little oomph!

As for the rest of the day…Jan and I headed out early to run errands in the morning and I got home at 9:30 AM, just as my honey was leaving for golf.  It was VERY cold and overcast, and he and Phil ended up only playing 9 holes.  Once I finished the pillow in the afternoon (yes, I had snuggle-y company),
 
I started desperately looking around my sewing room for other projects.  I have 4 more quilts that I planned to complete as part of the “12 days”, but Miss Scarlett is acting up, and a new USB cable and port have yet to arrive from Utah :~(…so I’m stalled on that front.  I’m also stalled with the tulip quilt until BG figures out whether she has any of the fabric left over after she completes her project with it….so what did I do?  Why, start a new quilt of course :~).  I loved the pattern I used for Michael’s quilt, but I want to do it with a rainbow effect….so I spent several hours looking for fabric I could use.  I finally headed upstairs around 8 PM and lay on the couch watching TV and tying in the ends on BG’s tie dye quilt until it was time to go to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pillow and all your other 12 Days projects, Deb! What a great idea :) ~ Debra

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.