Thursday, January 1, 2015

6th day after Christmas...kleenix box quilt


On the 6th day after Christmas (Wednesday, New Year’s Eve) my honey let me be (he was golfing here at SCCL),

The result i-is what you now see:
 
 
Another charity quilt for Sterling school…hopefully this one is a little more suited to a child.  I bought a rainbow jelly roll on the way to retreat in September and put the blocks together in a flash…but it was really quite small.  So, I decided to look for “rainbow” fabric and insert sashing everywhere.  I’m very pleased with how it turned out.  I spent all morning and most of the afternoon in the studio, watching Cary Grant movies (there was a marathon Monday night and I taped all of them!) and sewing away.  Susan stopped by in the late afternoon for a visit, after which we picked up Gale & Phil and headed to Mama’s for dinner.  Gale is still recovering from knee surgery, so she was ready to go right home and get into her pajamas after dinner.  We came home and made drinks and headed over to Susan & Jim’s for an hour or so of socializing, then our movie marathon continued at home with HOLIDAY INN.

2 comments:

  1. great idea for the sashing ! Love it !!! (mj in ct)
    Happy New Year to the Devo's! Love the 12 days After Christmas too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, I don't know any kid who wouldn't like that quilt...it is just so bright and cheerful. And I think the sashing makes the colors stand out even more. Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.