Friday, January 9, 2015

Cookie & Elsie a duex


Sorry for such an abrupt blog entry yesterday, but it’s been a hectic 2 days.  It was TEN DEGREES!!!!!  when we got up on Thursday morning (1/8) and there was lots of snuggling going on in the one patch of sunlight that comes in the front door in the morning. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I got up and formed my new dough into rolls while Michael loaded the car for quilting.  I made a new dough that was supposed to be more like the King Hawiian rolls…unfortunately I had to add 4 ADDITIONAL cups of flour to the dough to get something I could work with...and even with that, it was a very sticky dough…but much better sticky than dry in terms of eating it.  Anyway, I don’t think you’ll be able to taste the add-ins with that much extra flour.  I checked the recipe again…and did it correctly, so I’ll just have to play around with it myself.  It was WONDERFUL to have quilting again….we’ve been off for at least 3 weeks and there was lots of excited chatter going on the entire time.  I came home from quilting and had time to make a pit stop before Michael and I headed out again for a visit to the retinologist.  The exam was definitely very uncomfortable (as the nurse had warned me)…Dr Weidman was pressing very hard all around my eyeball and shining that incredibly bright light inside to make sure he saw everything that needed fixing.  As it was, he found another spot/tear that needed some laser-ing.  As for what caused this to happen?  Sadly, just age  :~(.  I was lucky that I had symptoms that caused me to go to the doc…sadly, some people are asymptomatic and end up with a detached retina and loss of eyesight.  Dr Weidman (from Horizon Eyecare over by CMC in Pineville, and who I would HIGHLY recommend) told me that the laser ‘fix’ would be nothing after the uncomfortable exam…and he was 100% correct.  He gently held my eye open with his hand, told me I would hear a click and in about 60 seconds it was all over.  I have a follow-up appointment in a month, and he said as long as I have no new symptoms over the next 1 -2 days, I should be fine.  We were home by 4 and I was overjoyed to get a little sewing done before dinner.  Michael and I watched a new movie AT MIDDETON…I don’t know how to describe the story, but we both liked it, and then watched a bit of TV before bed.  I went to bed very grateful for everyone’s thoughts and prayers …thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.