Sunday, January 18, 2015

Cookie a trois, new small quilt top



Gale and I were up and out early on Friday (1/16) headed to Joann’s where I scored big!!  I bought 2 new cutting mats and 2 small square quilting rulers.  All were 50% off, plus I got an additional 15% off of that  :~).  Gale was buying upholstery fabric for me to make arm covers for her new chair.  Upholstery fabric was 60% off, plus she also got the additional 15% off…so we were both happy campers on the way home.  Michael left for 9 holes of golf and I spent an hour chopping, sautéing and getting turkey/barley soup in the crockpot.  It was LOVELY to get 3 quarts of turkey stock out of my freezer.  I spent the afternoon (after a lovely, but short visit with Connie) working on sewing rows together for a quilt I was working on before Christmas.  I’m hoping to test out quilting with polar fleece on Miss Scarlett on this small quilt.  Michael came down to work on his computer for a bit, and Cookie immediately headed under his table, preparing to jump into his lap (her favorite spot whenever he is downstairs!)   


I headed upstairs around 4:30 to get the artisan bread dough out of the fridge and shaped into 2 loaves.  Loree & Reg and Paula & Doug showed up at 6 PM for our soup and bread dinner.   
me, Loree, Reg

Doug, Paula, Reg




































We played SHEIST for a bit, then took a break for some of Paula’s incredible coconut cream pie….yum!  After that we just sat around and talked for a bit, and everyone left before 10.  Michael and I watched just a bit of TV before heading for bed.

***********************

Jan and I ran early morning errands on Saturday (1/17) and stopped for breakfast at IHOP on the way home….yum!  Michael got to golf for the second day in a row (YAY!) and I got the top of the “polar fleece” quilt finished.   

 
We had leftover soup for dinner (I should make that way more often…my scale really seems to respond in a positive way after I eat it :~) and spent most of the evening eating popcorn and watching the last 2 episodes of MAJOR CRIMES.

1 comment:

  1. Love the quilt ! I like how the goldish fabric makes the blue and purple 'pop'.
    Dogs are so smart ! Very cute photo after knowing the context !
    (MJ in CT)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.