Saturday, October 4, 2014

Sandy & John


I was up at 6:30 AM on Thursday (10/2), knowing I had a lot to do in the morning.  I got my blog entry out and ran through my emails, then cut strips and boxed up everything to get ready for quilting.  I created and stitched out a label for a friend at Scrap Happy Quilters.  We are doing single bed charity quilts for a local church/school and they were hoping to incorporate a specific label with each quilt….so I got a sample of that done.  I also got the chicken carcass off of the back deck (where it’s been cooking all night in the crockpot) and strained and refrigerated the stock, and got a short note mailed off to a friend.  By then it was time to shower and pack up the car and head off.  Even though I felt like I sat right down and started sewing, I didn’t seem to get much done on my newest project…but I had a good time!  I didn’t get home until after 1 PM…we had our monthly luncheon with lots of good food, and I left at 2 to pick up Laure at the airport!!  She’s down visiting until Sunday.  She came in right on time and got her luggage quickly and we set off for home.  We got home around 4 PM and she called Sandy and John (fellow people from Connecticut) and they came over. 
 
We sat out on the deck, drinking and talking for quilt awhile, then headed to dinner at THE BREW.  A couple of burgers, onion rings and sweet potato fries later, we were back home and Sandy & John took off for their hotel.  Laure and I sat up and talked until 11:30 when we both collapsed.

***************************

Michael left before 7 AM on Friday morning golf (10/3).  He was home in time to say good-bye to Sandy & John (who came over for a waffle breakfast at 9, then we toured the models) before they left around NOON.  Laure and I took a tour of the community in the golf cart, then sat and talked on the deck for quite a bit before we all left for dinner at Mama’s Pizzaria.  When we got home around 8 PM, Susan came over and we played SCREWED for over an hour before a bit of TV and then bed.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great day to me! We need to schedule some Screwed and what was that card game we played with Debra and her husband with a deck per person? I loved that. Wild!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.