Friday, October 24, 2014


It was in the 30’s when we got up on Thursday (10/23)brr-r-r-r!  Michael decided to wait a bit before taking Cookie for a walk…and I spent the early morning getting turkey/barley soup into the crockpot before leaving for quilting.  Good thing my honey packed up all of my stuff again so I made it on time.  I ran out of stuff to sew, so headed home early…determined to get the borders done on my tan/blue quilt.  Well, I got the first tan border done anyway  :~).  I got a call from Jean about free fabric…so I hustled on over there.  The fabric was FABULOUS…but sitting and talking with Jean (and Diane who came over to join us) was really even better.  I got home, went back to sewing for a bit, then stopped for dinner and TV with my honey.  The soup was EXCELLENT (if I do say so myself).  I LOVE highly seasoned food, and turkey or chicken noodle soup always seems so bland to me…but this one was really great…I finally got the seasonings the way I like them…Michael thought it was excellent as well.  He wanted to watch some of his shows in the evening, so I spent the night in my studio…working on the quilt blocks I have been taking to Thursday quilting to work on.  I have discovered that my sizes are all over the place…and I need to stop and regroup before continuing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.