Sunday, October 19, 2014

garage clean out, prayers & squares quilt, crockpots


Michael and I headed out to the garage first thing Saturday morning (10/18) after breakfast.  Of course, your intrepid blogger didn’t take pictures until 1/2 way through the process, but we cleaned off 4 shelves of storage…and created lots of room out there, as well as a car full of stuff for GOODWILL….which Michael immediately took over as soon as we were finished.  I even managed to take some of our lesser used appliances OUT of the kitchen and onto shelves in the garage. 
Michael was taking everything off of the first 4 shelves and wiping them down
while I was deciding what stayed and what went

garage floor was the staging area

ready to go to GOODWILL

finished! (at least the 4 top shelves)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
When Michael got back from GOODWILL, he had a bit of lunch, then headed out to the golf course.  By the time I cleaned up a bit and had some lunch, it was 1:30 before I got back to the Prayers & Squares quilt.  Just as I finished the final row
I did a pattern of hearts again....I love this design, plus it just seemed appropriate
for a quilt which will be given to someone who is ill.

a very simple design, but pretty none-the-less

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
my doorbell rang.  My friend Paula (who is ALWAYS looking out for me) scored 2 turkey carcasses from the luncheon she attended!!  I got those as crushed as I could, and into my 2 crockpots
 
before I cleaned up and headed out to a gathering to honor the life of a friend of mine.  Nancy was very active in our local Performing Arts Group as a make-up artist, and she also had season tickets to the local community theatre and frequently went with us.  She was diagnosed with cancer and died very suddenly.  It was nice to see her family and friends, but really sad to attend yet another gathering about death.  I was so depressed after that that I drove straight to Sally’s house and when she answered the door, my first question was ‘do you have any booze in the house’?  She made us Sea Breezes and we sat for several hours and solved all of the problems of the world.  I felt much better when I left at 6, and Michael was already home when I got there.  We had date night with big bowls of popcorn and TV watching, and after finishing off with 2 of ‘our’ shows (AS TIME GOES BY) we finally headed to bed after 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.