Wednesday, October 15, 2014

embroidery name tag


Michael was up early on Tuesday (10/14) and headed out to do errands, and I hit the studio again.  I got quite a few strips sewn together…even though I have been side-lined by a cold which set in on Sunday.  Joanne picked me up before 1 PM to head up to Stitch & Chat.  I basically sat at S&C, drinking a hot beverage and making sure I didn’t touch anyone or anything!  Joanne and I left a bit early and I was finally able to fall asleep and take a nap for an hour once I got home.  I felt really pretty good after that…and we had a terrific dinner courtesy of Paula…she sent down 1/2 of her garlic cream sauce/chicken/bacon/artichoke pizza….OMgosh…out of this world!  Michael left at 6:30 for rehearsal and I managed to get a bit more sewing done before he got home at 10 PM.

I finally remembered to take a picture of my name tag from the embroidery seminar:
look closely to see the beads underneath
 
If I had known what the prize was...I wouldn't have wasted over 5 hours of my life!!!  I won a 'coffee table book' about the history of Anita Gooddesign (the embroidery company)...with lots of stitch out pictures of their designs and how they used them.  That book weighed 15 pounds if it weighed an ounce!!!  Anyway, I ended up giving it to a woman sitting in front of our table and she was THRILLED to receive it.  Apparently she is a scrap-booker and she thought she could rip out some/many of the pages and use them in her books with photos...glad to know it won't go to waste.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.