Friday, October 17, 2014

bread, deer


I forgot to mention that I had my weekly phone call with Janice last night….she and her honey are traveling to Ireland soon to visit their youngest daughter, who is at the university for a semester.  I won’t get to talk to Janice for several weeks and I’m sure I’ll be lonely without our weekly calls….but am so glad that they are getting to visit.

Michael was up at 6:30 AM for golf, while I followed shortly afterward at 7.  He usually packs my car up for quilting, but since he was leaving at 8 for golf I figured I’d better get up and get moving  :~)…..but he ended up packing it anyway before he left!  I serged and serged strips together at quilting…all the while talking and having fun.  Our Thursday group does charity quilts (called prayers and squares quilts) for people who are sick and Willa asked me if I would bring one home and quilt it.  Since I am anxious to try the more complicated quilting program again…I said yes.  I was home just after 1 PM, had a quick lunch and put bread dough together.  I really didn’t want to fix dinner, so I headed over to my neighbor’s freezer, praying I had a spare casserole in there.  When Michael came home (with an 85) I said “I have no idea what we’re having for dinner, but it’s in that casserole’…then I headed downstairs.  When I came up about an hour later to shape the dough, the casserole had defrosted enough for me to tell what it was…..a casserole of stuffing…STUFFING!!!  As I stood there stupefied….my brilliant honey said  “I’ll go to the store and get a rotisserie chicken”….no wonder I LOVE that man  :~).  I got the bread baked and turned 1/2 a loaf and my old ironing board over to Larry (husband of friend Joanne). 
 
 
I have a VERY antique ironing board which collapsed/broke several weeks ago.  I asked Larry if he could fix it….well….that man must have a red suit under his clothes and THE FLASH painted on his chest….he came back within 30 minutes…totally done!  How wonderful to have such good friends.  Anyway, we had the chicken and stuffing with a salad for dinner, then Michael left for rehearsal…or he attempted to leave until I screamed for him to come back.


 

 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

Yep, right in our back yard…they were beautiful.   They wandered over to our garden and had a nibble or 2 before heading back to the woods.  I eventually got to my studio and got the backing put together for the prayers and squares quilt and got it loaded on Miss Scarlet before Michael got home at 9:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.