Monday, October 20, 2014

new quilt


Michael took Cookie for a walk early on Sunday (10/19) even though it was in the 40’s when he left….brrrr!  I got the turkey broth (from the crockpots) all packaged up and headed to the studio…eager to get a lot done.  I finished the binding and labeling on the quilt Miss Scarlet and I completed LAST Sunday  
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this design!!

standard label

ta-da!  this was made from the
leftovers of my fall bed quilt
in the guest room...if you look in
the center, and the 4 corners, those
were my leftover blocks
 
and spent the rest of the day and evening working on the cream/tan & blue blocks.  As usual…I’ve put a lot of work in on them already…and somehow it seems as though they should be done  :~)…but they are coming along.  Michael left at 5:30 for rehearsal and was home again by 10 PM. 

I have to tell you….I got an email in the afternoon that I just stewed about and stewed about all day.  Finally I called Paula at 9 PM and she ran down in her nightgown to talk to me about it!  Even though she gets up at 5 AM to take care of her grandkids, she stayed as long as I needed her to, to talk it all out….THAT is a good, good friend  :~).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.